*see here for pictures of my groceries purchased for this week*
I'm actually pretty excited about my menu for this week. It all sounds yummy.
This afternoon I'll be roasting both chickens that I bought yesterday (I'm thinking of seasoning with oranges, cinnamon, and cumin, then pouring a bottle of beer over top since we don't have any white wine. What do you think?). We'll eat some tonight, then cut up and freeze a large amount of it for quick meals this and next week.
While the oven's hot, I'll roast all the peppers and garlic for the soup on Wednesday. I plan to make a huge pot of it so that I can freeze individual portions for Simon. This soup is so healthy and good AND HE'LL EAT IT. I'll try to remember to take pictures as I go so I can post them along with the recipe later this week. It's so, so good.
- roast chicken
- steamed broccoli
- Simple Stir-Fried Cabbage
- thai chicken lettuce wraps
- roasted red pepper and garlic soup
- grilled cheese and ham sandwiches
- grilled tilapia with mango salsa
- basmati rice
- sauteed asparagus
- chicken corn chowder
- fresh homemade bread
- chicken and chickpea curry
- coconut rice
- naan bread
- cut up all the leftover chicken (since I'm roast two of them tonight)
- make stock from the chicken carcasses
- bake carrot muffins (some safe for Simon and some for the rest of the family)
- bake several loaves of bread (will try once again to make bread for Simon... wish me luck)
- try making naan bread
For more great menu ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.
ETA: HERE is the update for the week's menu plan, with pictures.