Sunday, February 22, 2009

a tribute to my dad

I finally got around to redoing the video from my dad's service. I'm still not 100% happy with it... the date at the beginning isn't readable and the second song leaves something to be desired. Besides the fact that Heather and Lynette stopped just short of laughing AT THEIR FATHER'S FUNERAL, it's a bit too country for me. But with the deadline I had to finish this, and the fact that I was up past 2am the night before his service to get this done, my options were few. Even though I've had over two months to think about it, I haven't found anything that fits the specific amount of time I have without cutting out at an awkward spot.

So if you know of a song choice that expressed a father's love for his daughters and can be condensed into 1:44:33, let me know. Also, if you know of a site that can host this video in larger-than-thumbnail size (other than YouTube cause it takes issue with me using copywrited songs... pfffft) pass it on.

6 comments:

  1. Amy, I love the way you put together the video of your Dad. I love the pictures and even the music. Thanks for sharing it. I think most songs about Dads and their love for their little girls are western, but if I ever think of one that isn't I'll let you know. Love ya, A. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I'm wiping away tears. You did an amazing job on this video. I was struck by certain pictures of your dad in his younger years where I saw a definite resemblance between he and Liam and he and Simon. Your boys will always carry a bit of his legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this has me bawling. It was absolutly beautiful hun. Your dad seem to be a really special person. Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, What a fantastic tribute to your Dad! It's so good you put this together, it's done so well. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute. It was wonderful to see all the pictures...brings back a lot of memories. He truly will be missed by many. Your children were blessed to know their grandpa.

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!