Tuesday, February 24, 2009

who do I call now?

Peter and I are in the process of priming and painting the guestroom. This has meant repairing some small holes in the walls. I got them mudded and was ready to sand when I realized I wasn't sure if I was using the right grit of sandpaper. Normally, I would pick up the phone and call my dad. Of course there are other people who can answer questions like that (ever heard of the internet? Wikipedia? Holmes on Holmes?), but my dad was always there. He worked from home. He was never too busy to stop what he was doing to chat or answer any questions I had or listen to Liam ramble on about Star Wars and lego.

He was my go to person for questions related to home improvement, computers, letter/proposal editing, bbq-ing, chili-cooking, and a number of other things. It helped that he was always easy to get a hold of... and always had an opinion.

(sigh)

I miss you, dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!