Thursday, March 10, 2011

he said, he said

Tuesday morning, both boys' classes went on a field trip to and eco-farm about 40 minutes outside of Bogota. When the bus dropped them off at home, we talked about school and how their day went.

Me: How did you like the farm, Simon? What did you do there?
Simon: (with gusto) I poured-ed milk OUT OF A COW!! 
Me: You mean you milked a cow?
Simon: Oh yeah. I milked-ed a cow!

* * * * * * * * * * 

Liam has two uniforms for school. One is his "P.E. kit" and is comprised of a pair of windpants and a white polo shirt with the school initials embroidered on the chest. His official uniform is a pair of navy dress pants, a white button-up dress shirt and tie in school colours, with a sweater overtop. He wears the P.E. uniform Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the more formal uniform Thursday and Friday.

Last Thursday must've been warmer than usual because he took off his sweater and hasn't been able to find it since. We've looked everywhere at home, he's looked in all his different classes, and his teacher took him down to the lost and found. No luck.

We were talking about the missing sweater again this morning and he looked at me and said, "What size is my jumper?".

His jumper??

Next thing I know he's going to be talking about his trousers and calling Simon a bloke.

Welcome to British school.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely hysterical!!! We laughed so hard at Simons "poured-ed" and milked-ed." I had no idea they called a sweater a "jumper"...I won't be able to understand him! Love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed that Simon even got milk "poured-ed' out of that cow!!! Well, a new word for his vocabulary. I had forgotton sweaters were called jumpers. I suppose you now drive a car with a boot, bonnet and windscreen swippers!!!! The question is--did Liam find it?

    Hugs, A. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of laughs! Love their sayings. Grandpa and Grandma laughed so hard over poured-ed the milk out of the cow. Love to all of you, Mom/Mora/Nana

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!