Monday, July 12, 2010

bits and pieces

Last night we took Liam and Simon to see Toy Story 3. It was only Simon's second movie in a theatre (the first being "How to Train Your Dragon"), and it was both boys' first 3D movie experience. To say they enjoyed it would be an understatement (except for the part where the toys are facing a fiery death in the bellies of the landfill... although Liam assures us that he knew they'd be okay)

Simon loves the three little green aliens and can often be heard repeating the word "Da-ddeeeeeee" in the same kind of creepy monotone they use. It's funny though.

Less funny (or more funny depending on if you're me or Peter) is when he shouts, "GET OUT OF MY BUTT!" For those who haven't seen the movie, it's a line spoken by Mr Potato Head (you know how they open up to store all their accessories?) near the end of the movie. Of course my kid had to latch on to that particular sound bite.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Because of the recent smokin' hot, 100+ degree, swimsuit/pool weather I decided earlier this week to do some not-as-routine-as-it-should-be swimsuit/pool-type hair removal-type maintenance. You follow? Good. So with six kids here this week, personal care time has been at a total premium and thus my need for speed and efficiency... and my unfortunate decision to use a new razor. 

Being an adult woman, and having been at this type of grooming for a few years now, you'd think I'd know better. You'd think I'd know how my skin -that sensitive skin- would react to a new razor. But no. I was blinded by the shiny packaging and the promise of a sharp, exacting blade.

(sigh)

I don't know if it is all the blade's fault or some combination of heat, humidity, and the friction caused by the elastic on certain unmentionables... All I know is what I have now is not so swimsuit/pool ready. Not so pretty. 

And this is certainly one "area" of my life (double entendre) that I will not be photographing.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

There was so much that we did in May, June, and now the beginning of July that I haven't blogged... not even Liam's birthday! I might just have to accept the fact that I don't have enough time to type out a long/thoughtful/funny/sentimental/informative post for every moment of our lives. Pictures alone might have to do. 

So expect some picture heavy, light-on-words posts in the near future.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

As I type this, Peter is likely on the phone for a final interview/conversation/question period for a new job that will mean some huge, HUGE changes around here. Like uprooting-our-whole-family-and-home-and-moving-to-another-continent kind of huge. 

When this opportunity came up, it kind of freaked me out, but seemed like the chances of Peter being offered the job were relatively remote. When, after the interview, it appeared that his chances might be better than we thought, we started reading up on the country in questions and became more and more intrigued and excited. Now if he doesn't get it we'll be a bit disappointed.

Not too disappointed though. Or at

We love our friends here and our life and our new life-changing deck (that I've alluded too, but still need to properly photograph).

Now Peter just needs to wrap up the conversation AND CALL ME ALREADY!

(They'd better not just be sitting there talking about soccer and the World Cup final... speaking of which, what a boring game, eh? Neither Spain nor the Netherlands seemed good enough to be there. Super anti-climatic end to the tournament. *yawn*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!