Friday, November 6, 2009

flashback friday

I meant to post this flashback photo last week for Halloween, but ran out of steam time. This picture was taken sometime either in the fall of '95 or the spring of '96. My older (*ahem* blog-less) sister, Heather, and I for a brief period of time, played some of those vampire roll-playing games. While vampires may be all the rage right now thanks to Twilight and True Blood, I assure you it was not so much the case back then.

THIS WAS NOT COOL.

Shocking, I know. How could we have not been the epitome of cool with our silver hair, black lips, and sad attempt to recreate sunken cheeks with our darkest shade of eyeshadow.

"Okay, Heather, for this next picture, try to look dead... UNDEAD! I mean UNDEAD."

vampires 95

WHAT WERE WE THINKING??

Clearly we were a pair of hippie (see the tie dye?), militant (the fatigues?), anarchist (aren't all vampires?), music-loving (I think my sister painted that coat herself... nice work, Heather. *snicker*), chuck-wearing, pre-maturely grey-ing vampires... with dirty feet? Ew, Heather, you look like a hobbit!

(Related: We were also band geeks. We had to beat the boys off with a stick.)

This post links back to both Tia's Flashback Friday and Alicia's Friday Photo Flashback posts. If you're ever looking for a post idea for Fridays, check out these two fun blog carnivals and their awesome hosts.

16 comments:

  1. LOL, you both actually look pretty cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave, brave woman. Hopefully Heather doesn't kill you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm...I was just looking at your sidebar and in the "My Muddy Men" section, there is Andrew and Liam, but no Simon. Some sort of design glitch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH rock on sister!!! I love it ~ what are sisters for if not to be goofy with??? Priceless ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn! You caught me mid-upload. I still have to redo Peter's picture. Can you tell I've got bit by the re-design bug??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What else are sisters for but act idiotic with? This reminded me so much of me and my older sis. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, i have a confession amy: i was so envious and jealous of you and heather when you got to go out on your masquerades! i am almost positive that after this pic was taken, i ran to my room and probably cried a little because i myself wasn't as cool as you! ok, no i didn't! i'm pretty sure i rolled my eyes at how ridiculous mom and dad were for letting their daughters go out in public looking like the two of you did! what all did you and your band-geek friends do at those masquerades anyways? i'd like to read THAT post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice hair, dudettes! Oddly enough (minus the grey hair - insert Green hair) yall would look totally normal if you wore that out and about today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness... until i read the post... i thought that was a halloween picture! haha! i shall have to break out my "goth" picture one of these days... ooooooooh the things we do when we're kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! The things we do when we are young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was kind of thinking you guys look like you were doing a Bride of Frankenstein homage :) Personally, I think your black Chucks were way more vamp/goth worthy than the pair of hot pink ones I used to have!

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!