(On a side note, I've just realized that I read a lot of blogs written by Mormon mommy bloggers. But I'm not Mormon. And please, I have nothing but love for Mormons. There are some great blogs with great writers, many of whom seem to be Mormon. Is that weird? Is it just a strange coincidence or is there a disproportionately high number of Mormons who like to blog?? )
Then I began to think about the 4L of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO) I currently have in my cupboards. And I began to take a closer look at my face... the enlarged pores, the fine lines and wrinkles. Clearly I don't have much to lose.
So I tried it.
I'm only on day two so don't have much to say yet. The process, however, is easy and quite relaxing.
- pour a small amount of oil into your palm (about a quarter's worth)
- rub your hands together to warm up the oil
- massage it into your skin, focussing on any trouble areas
- let it sit and sink it
- wet a soft washcloth in HOT water and wring out
- hold the washcloth to your face to let it steam (sit back and relax while it cools)
- repeat 3-4 times
- gently wipe away any remaining oil
- air dry
- rub a few drops of oil into your skin to moisturize
While it might seem
If you want to read more about the Oil Cleansing Method there's a brief introduction HERE. There's also a forum HERE.
I've read stories of great results using this method and, since it requires me to buy nothing new (ie, no spending out of pocket), I'm game to try it. I hoping to see some noticeable results within a few more days or a week. The other benefit to using the coconut oil is that it has a natural SPF of at least 5 (could be as high as SPF 15), so I'm protecting my skin as well as cleaning it.
Now I'm just wishing I had a sweet macro lens for my Nikon D40 DSLR (sorry, just trying to get rid of the ant, formula and toilet ads). If I did, you know I'd be taking close-ups of my nose and chin for you all to examine. Before and after shots would be fun.