Monday, April 27, 2009

groceries - April 27th

Grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons is really working for us. After we get home from church and feed the boys, all three of them normally go down for a nap (although Liam's isn't set in stone - it depends on how cranky annoying whiny tired he is). Once they're all asleep, I head out BY MYSELF. It is so much easier to stay focused on my list and my budget and is much quicker.

PRODUCE
- 3 containers of organic baby spinach for smoothies (I forget the price of these and am too lazy to hunt for my receipt, however they were the same price as the non-organic spinach so I was all over that like white on rice. We really do eat this much spinach each week... in smoothie form.)
- bananas ($.69/lb)
- red seedless grapes ($.99/lb)
- green beans ($.79/lb)
- 2 cucumbers ($.65 each)

OTHER
- diapers for Andrew ($10.49)
- yogurt ($4.99, yogurt hasn't been on sale for over a month! argh.)
- 2 cans of coconut milk ($.78 each, on sale)
- 1 can of Pringles ($.99 on sale)

*not pictured* 6 cans of frozen OJ ($7.99, 51 cents more than I would've spent had I paid more attention. oops.)

My total was $44.71. For the month I think I did really well. Since I forgot to use cash a couple of times, I'm not exactly sure what my total was down to the penny, but I know I'm within $10 of my $400 goal. It feels great and I think we ate some pretty tasty meals this month. Taking pictures and listing everything here has been fun and has helped to keep me accountable.

For more grocery roundups, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge.

ETA: HERE is my menu plan for the week AND pictures from last week.

1 comment:

  1. I buy the Teddies choice diapers too. Much cheaper than Pampers or Huggies, and they work really well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!