After barely sleeping Monday night, I was so cranky and grouchy and felt like I was yelling at Liam and Simon all day. Clearly I don't parent so well on 3 hours of sleep. So I put myself to bed at 9:30pm!
Today, well rested and ready to take on the day, I was able to get the following things done:
- made pancakes for the boys for breakfast
- grocery shopping after dropping Liam at school
- separated all the meat I bought into useable amounts
- did the dishes - an embarrassing amount of dishes. All the crusty pots, roasters, bread pans, muffin tins... the stuff that Peter and I try to hold out doing until the other breaks down and does it. I guess it was my turn.
- made a big 2L pitcher of green smoothie (to keep Peter from complaining about not having any for break at school)
- made whole wheat bread FROM SCRATCH! I didn't even use the bread machine! Now my grandmother I am not, but Liam's on his third piece!
- made a double batch of creamy potato leek soup
- did a load of cloth diaper laundry
- reorganized the freezer
All that by 5:30pm! Now if I'm honest, I'll tell you that my feet are throbbing, my lower back is killing me, and I've been having contractions on and off all afternoon, but I do feel good about having a productive day for once. Time to put my feet up and let Peter get me a bowl of Candy Cane Ice Cream (I thought of you, Sara, when I bought this... or is it the After Eight that you like?).
Imagine how clean my house could be if I went to bed that early on a regular basis?? But then Peter wouldn't have anything to complain about and I know he'd be bored at home... I'm doing it for you, honey.